Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 28:12, 18, 23, 28

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 28:12, 18, 23, 28
"But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding?
No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is above rubies.
God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.
And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding."

I pondered on the true source of all wisdom and light. It comes from God to man through the promptings and whisperings of the spirit. Without it I am just a fool. I have come to realize that knowledge and wisdom come when I am ready to receive it. It comes at the right time and place for me. I treasure things up that I've read or learned and then open day I see all the pieces just slide into place. Totally worth the wait. I don't need to understand everything right now, but I know that someday I will. There is so much to look forward to.

"O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainess, and the frailties, and the foollishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.
But to be learned is good if they hearken unto the counsels of God.
And whoso knocketh, to him will he open; and the wise, and the learned, and they that are rich, who are puffed up because of their learning, and their wisdom, and their riches - yea, they are they whom he despiseth; and save they shall cast these things away, and consider themselves fools before God, and come down in the depths of humility, he will not open unto them."
(2 Nephi 9:28-29, 42)

"How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!"
(Proverbs 16:16)

"Wisdom is the principle thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."
(Proverbs 4:7)


Day 1039

No comments:

Post a Comment