Saturday, January 13, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 11:4-6

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 11:4-6
"For thou has said, My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in thine eyes.
But oh that God would speak, and open his lips against thee;
And that he would shew thee the secrets of wisdom, that they are double to that which is! Know therefore that God exacteth of thee less than thine iniquity deserveth."

Job needs some new friends. Zophar sounds like he is actually cursing him. How could a friend wish God to speak against them, and say they deserve more harm? You wouldn't do that with an enemy. Then I pondered on who my enemies are. Oh, yes there was a time I wished harm to be done to them. Now I am totally ashamed for ever feeling that way. Instead I grieve for those that try to attack or abuse me. Not because I am of any significance, or what they have said or done has hurt me. Its because of what the Savior said. 

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots."
(Luke 23:34)

What is the greatest offense done unaware? It is to judge.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
(Matthew 7:1-2)

I do not want to be in those shoes. Then I had to stop and laugh at myself. Am I guilty of judging Zophar right now? I don't know but judging others is a constant battle for me. I try so hard to not get caught up in it. It seems society has a never ending display of things it wants me to judge on. I can't tell if news stories are real or fake anymore, and it really doesn't matter. What I am finding is that no one ever really needs my opinion. They are just opening doors to make me judge everyone around me, and believe no one deserves forgiveness. That some people are not worthy of love. I just have to get off that train and let society pass me by. I am far happier for it, for having tasted of the spirit as my constant companion, I know judging others makes him leave my side.


Day 1022

No comments:

Post a Comment