Sunday, January 7, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 5:8-9, 17

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 5:8-9, 17
"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause:
Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:"

Eliphaz counsel is right in one sense and judgmental in another. I do agree the counsel right to seek God, but then the slap in the face is because he needed to be corrected that all this happened to Job. As I sit and ponder this I see myself in Eliphaz. I'm sure I must have left that impression at times, because I have felt people were being chastened and brought things upon themselves. If I've thought it I've probably said it. That is very eye opening to me and terribly painful to think about. I must be more careful to watch my thoughts, and especially my words.


Day 1016

No comments:

Post a Comment