Friday, January 5, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 3:1, 26

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 3:1, 26
"After this opened Job his mouth, and cursed the day.
I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came."

Job's friend sat with him for seven days never speaking because of how great his grief was. In this chapter he finally speaks. After facing losing all that he had, suffering physical illness, he now faces depression. When he wishes he was never born. He curses the day he was born and the light that even shown upon him. Importantly I notice he never cursed God. Now with this depth of sorrow and depression what Job has to endure is not taking his own life. Denying God's control over life. Depression is a very real trial.

Then he appears to be looking inward, he wasn't safe, he didn't have rest, trouble still came to him. Where is that source of safety and rest? That only comes from God and turning to him. Job is right at the point of knowing more about Job and his relationship to God. The only way out of depression is reaching out to the Lord, and placing it all in his lap, and letting him carry me. He's already carried it for me, he atoned for me, now I need to enter into his rest.


Day 1014

No comments:

Post a Comment