Thursday, January 11, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 9:20

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 9:20
"If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse."

I have lived that and it's not a comfortable place to be. The only hope I have is to humble myself. It is my constant prayer to be humble and not compelled to be humbled. For that is the slippery slope of being compelled to be humble that sets me on the path to condemn myself or prove myself a fool. For pride is at the very heart of the matter.

"Yea, he that truly humbleth himself, and repenteth of his sins, and endureth to the end, the same shall be blessed - yea, much more blessed than they who are compelled to be humble because of their exceeding poverty.
Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without stubbornness of heart, yea, without being brought to know the word, or even compelled to know, before they will believe."
(Alma 32:15-16)


Day 1020

No comments:

Post a Comment