Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 14:7-9

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 14:7-9
"For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant."

I know Job is speaking on the resurrection but I pondered on something else. I thought of our tree out back and how even though it was cut down little trees grew from those roots. It was water that brought it to life. This made me ponder on how Christ is the living waters. I thought of my trials and how things have been taken away. Yet the Lord has compensated me, by either something to replace it, or the pain from missing it to be removed. There is always hope for a brighter day, when I depend on the living waters to sustain me. He can breath new life and blossom that which I thought was lost.


Day 1025

No comments:

Post a Comment