Monday, January 22, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 20:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 20:2
"Therefore do my thoughts cause me to answer, and for this I make haste."

I didn't find anything enlightening in Zophar words. Then I went back and read this verse again. Now I see why. He spoke in haste from his own thoughts. He did not speak being guided by the spirit. I pondered on how desperately I need the spirit with me. It will keep me speaking the words of a fool. With the spirit I can actually have the words to help and lift others.

Yes, there is wisdom in thinking before I speak.

"For to one is given the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;"
(1 Corinthians 12:8)

"And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
(1 Corinthians 2:4-5)

Day 1031

No comments:

Post a Comment