Thursday, February 1, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 30:15

Today's Favorite Verse: Job 30:15
"Terrors are turned upon me: they pursue my soul as the wind: and my welfare passeth away as a cloud."

I found this quote by Brigham Young referencing this verse and pondered on it.

"Man is a mystery to himself, and but few of the inhabitants of the earth inquire into their own organization - their being, their capacity, or even into principle. The nations of the earth come and go, and every person of reflection discerns a deep mystery in man. There is a spirit in man, and that spirit is more or less enlightened and instructed by a superior spirit; yet the hearts of men are absorbed in the things of time, and they wear out their lives in their efforts to preserve them. This is the reason why so many pass like a cloud. They are here; they take no thought only to subsist as long as they can, and they are gone forever."  (Brigham Young, Nature of Man, 3 July 1859)

I could not help but set this in my day. How I see people like the wind, no substance but all the hot air of ignorance on a variety of topics they know not all the facts. They pursue those without their same opinions and torment them and rip them apart without any heart or sign of affection. This is all written in the cloud and soon passes until they fall upon their next pry. How soon man can forget who they really are. I have in my own way been there, and know what a temptation this can be.


Day 1041

No comments:

Post a Comment