Monday, October 29, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 57:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 57:1
"The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart: and merciful men are taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil to come."

Honestly when I hear of the death of a good person I grieve for those left behind, but not for them. They are being spared from that which is to come. I know we are in the middle of preparing for the Savior's second coming. Though almost daily I think "Am I really seeing what I am seeing?  Are people really this  blind and dumb?"  It grieves my heart and I know that men's hearts are failing them. We are ripe to face the consequences of iniquity long foretold in the scriptures. All I can hope is that I hang onto the iron rod. Pressing forward towards Christ. For that is the only peace that will be afforded the righteous. Though there is much to be sad about I have to look forward with a brightness of hope. Zion will be redeemed, His people will be gathered. There will be peace even in the midst of chaos. Miracles will take place. For God is a God of miracles and he will not forget his covenant people. I absolutely cherish the counsel given by President Russell M. Nelson in April 2018 General Conference talk "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for Our Lives".

"Nothing opens the heavens quite like the combination of increased purity, exact obedience, earnest seeking, daily feasting on the words of Christ in the Book of Mormon, and regular time committed to temple and family history work.

To be sure, there may be times when you feel as though the heavens are closed. But I promise that as you continue to be obedient, expressing gratitude for every blessing the Lord gives you, and as you patiently honor the Lord’s timetable, you will be given the knowledge and understanding you seek. Every blessing the Lord has for you—even miracles—will follow. That is what personal revelation will do for you.

Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."



Day 1311

No comments:

Post a Comment