Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 31:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 31:1
"Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very strong; but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek the Lord!"

I pondered on how easy it is to look at the power and resources of man and rely on them, instead of turning to the Lord that I cannot see. It requires faith to seek the Lord and trust him. Even when I turn to the Lord it doesn't mean that what I want is what he knows is best for me. That prayers may not seem to be answered, when the answer is no. I have come to learn He always has a better plan for me, even if the path is hard. Faith and trust in the Lord is hard, but his comfort is always there when I lean on him. Over time, I have come to see that every effort I took to seek the Lord and stay on the covenant path is worth it. I am learning to use the greatest tool that has been given me, the Holy Ghost, to make it through the days ahead. 



Day 1285

No comments:

Post a Comment