Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 45:15

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 45:15
"Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour."

Why does man not see God? Would it not make things easier if everyone could just see him?  Why must I take the words of a few that testify of Him?  Why? Because there is no other way to have faith. For even the Jews of old, seeing mighty miracles, did not believe Jesus was the son of God when they looked upon him. Learning to live by faith, with a veil in place, is the purpose of our earth existence.

"But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me;"
(Doctrine and Covenants 28:7)

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismay: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."
(Joshua 1:9)

I have come to realize that wanting to see God, because I think it will some how make the relationship deeper, is not to realize he's already there. At that point it's important to ask, "Do I want to see so I can believe?" For to believe with real faith in Christ the deep relationship is already there. It would make no difference to see Him with my eyes. For I already know Him. Many, many times I have thanked Heavenly Father for allowing me to have a veil over my eyes and letting me live by faith. This is such a beautiful plan. It is to hard to walk on this earth without a veil in place.



Day 1299

No comments:

Post a Comment