Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 51:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 51:7
"Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings."

This morning I was reading  in 3 Nephi 12:25 which was similar to the beatitudes in Matthew 5:25
"Agree with thine adversary quickly while thou art in the way with him, lest at any time he shall get thee, and thou shalt be cast into prison."

These two verses made me ponder on if I am to agree with my adversary, or fear not their reproach?  I live in a day that words are used against you. That not being politically correct can even cost you your job!  I think what the Lord is saying is I do not have to become like them. I don't have to embrace the world out of fear of the world. I just have to let the world be, if that is what they choose. For myself I can still follow the Savior, and have his peace regardless of what others may do or say. There is actually a lot of protection from the opinions of the world if I do keep the commandments.



Day 1305

No comments:

Post a Comment