Monday, October 15, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 43:3, 11, 15, 25

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 43:3, 11, 15, 25
"For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour.
I am the Lord, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.
I, even I, am he that blotteth out they transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

I was really struck how in this chapter how many times it says "I am the Lord". The Lord is saying I want you to know me. It reminded me of what has been happening ever since I started President Nelson's challenge of a 10 day social media fast, along with reading the Book of Mormon. I have been immersing myself in listening to the Book of Mormon every moment that I can. I was already in Helaman in my personal reading and on track to finish by the end of the year when the challenge was given. The family is in 2 Nephi. I thought I was good to check that challenge off. Then I realized President Nelson wanted us to read the whole Book of Mormon within the 85 day time frame it took Joseph Smith to translate it.

I decided then to listen to it, since I was already reading and studying it twice in the day. It has been really amazing to hear the narrative story as I go about doing things at home. Saturday I listened to 40 chapters in Alma while scanning papers. Like I said I was immersing myself in it. What I have found is every day since starting this, the first moment I am consciously awake for the day, I have been hearing the hymn "This is the Christ".  I have even start to hear it as I transition back to resume listening. It is following me. I think I get what is happening. President Nelson wanted us to take up this challenge so we could come to know Christ. Really know Him, and that he is the Savior and son of God.


This is the Christ
They heard His voice, a voice so mild.
It pierced them through and made their souls to quake.
They saw Him come, a man in white,
The Savior, who had suffered for their sake.
They felt the wounds in hands and side,
And each could testify:

This is the Christ.
This is the Christ, the holy Son of God,
Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind.
This is the Christ, the Healer of our souls,
Who ransomed us with love divine.

I read His words, the words He prayed
While bearing sorrow in Gethsemane.
I feel His love, the price He paid.
How many drops of blood were spilled for me?
With Saints of old in joyful cry
I too can testify:

This is the Christ.
This is the Christ, the holy Son of God,
Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind.
This is the Christ, the Healer of our souls,
Who ransomed us with love divine.

Day 1297



No comments:

Post a Comment