Monday, October 8, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 36:4

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 36:4
"And Rabshakeh said unto them, Say ye now to Hezekiah, Thus saith the great king, the king of Assyria, What confidence is this wherein thou trustest?"

In this chapter I really couldn't tell who was who and who was right or wrong?  Who loved the Lord and who didn't. What I could do was answer this question "What confidence is this wherein thou trustest?" For that is a question applicable to my day.

Who do I trust? The Lord. For man can fail me. Though I can put a qualifier on it, that the prophet and the majority of the twelve will never lead me astray. Even with that I need the spirit to confirm truth to me, for it helps me judge which side I am on in the matter.

I had an interesting experience the other day. I was watching some videos on body language. The presenter was reviewing current events and reading the subject's body language play by play. It was very little minute expressions that gave away their true feelings. As I watched it I tried to understand what I was seeing, for I knew something important was here, yet I had no desire to study body language. Then I realized that by the spirit I was told the same thing the presenter was seeing but they could only use tools with the understanding of man. There are laws that govern this world and God knows them and goes by them. Man at times can see it with the eye, but it is the Spirit that testifies of truth. So who will I trust absolutely - the Lord, with the Holy Spirit as my guide.



Day 1290

No comments:

Post a Comment