Sunday, October 21, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 49:5

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 49:5
"And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength."

The thought that came to me was failing at the mission given me.

"And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"
(Doctrine and Covenants 18:15)

What happens if you labor all your days and don't bring any soul unto Christ? I think with God its not the results, it's the desire of my heart and actions I took to do what was pleasing to him. In the very end I have no ability to control the agency of another. All I could do was give them the chance to be converted.

I've also experienced failure after following the guidance of the spirit. Only to find that the failure was the lesson I need to learn all along. The Lord always has a better plan. Nothing is lost, if in the end my eyes are facing towards Christ. There is even purpose in my sins, for now I know I needed a redeemer. 

"His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of the Lord."
(Matthew 25:21)

There is no need to cry when failure happens after all I could do. For it is my obedience and faithfulness through the trial, that my Savior will look upon.



Day 1303

No comments:

Post a Comment