Saturday, October 27, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 55:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Isaiah 55:6
"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:"

My first thought was "where did the Lord go?"  Then I realize it wasn't Him that left it was me. As I distance myself from Him, I can no longer find or hear him.

I also thought about the terrible evil happening in the schools. Once there was prayer in schools and now it is not allowed. So sometimes the Lord cannot be found because people have cast him out. How can He bless and even be called to remembrance, when he is neither desired or wanted?  God didn't leave it was the people that cast him out.

I pondered on the beauty of a home-centered, church supported, gospel learning. How speaking and teaching of Christ within the home will mean he is always there. Ready to be found.

I read this beautiful verse today in the Book of Mormon. Christ is speaking to the people on the American continent after his resurrection.
"Therefore, go ye unto your homes, and ponder upon the things which I have said, and ask of the Father, in my name, that ye may understand, and prepare your minds for the morrow, and I come unto you again."
(3 Nephi 17:3)

Home is where I am to ponder the words of Christ. Then He will bring more.



Day 1309


No comments:

Post a Comment