Thursday, June 28, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 135:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 135:14
"For the Lord will judge his people, and he will repent himself concerning his servants."

I thought is a curious thing that the Lord would be in need to repent. How can that be when he is without sin? I found these scriptures.

"And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at this heart."
(Genesis 6:6)

"It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night."
(1 Samuel 15:11)

"And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the Lord was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite."
(2 Samuel 24:16)

As I pondered on these verses it seems what the Lord repented of was the actions of men. They did not do as he commanded. It wasn't his actions or any sin, it was manner in which man used his free agency, including his servants. I don't want the Lord to ever feel the need to repent of what I have done in His name or on his errand.



Day 1188

No comments:

Post a Comment