Friday, June 15, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 122:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 122:1
"I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord."

I am glad to go to the house of the Lord. I love my Tuesday morning sessions. It is the highlight of the week for me. In this verse it talks of us and they, but honestly I love to go alone. I love not having to rush and just taking things at my own pace. I can sit and reflect as long as I want in the celestial room. Just pondering and reading the scriptures for a very long time.

This past week I was unaware that a brother was observing me sitting there. He must have thought I was struggling with some problem. I was just having an amazing time reading the scriptures, so much was just opening up. It just felt like my Heavenly Fathers arms were around me. When I'm like that the tears are just flowing, but they are tears of joy.

Anyways, when I got up to leave he came across the room and said he felt impressed that he needed to give me a hug. I know how awkward it can be for a person to act upon their impressions. I knew he didn't have it quite right thinking that I was sad. He had no idea who I felt had just given me a hug. I thought "maybe you need the hug from me", from Heavenly Fathers arms to mine. I said I love hugs so I gave him a big hug. Trying to pass on what Heavenly Father had just given me.

Then he said everything will be ok, it will all work out. I agreed and said yes I know it will and gave him a big smile. Happily I can report that with the week coming to a close everything has continued to work out. I have wondered about this brother, he must have needed that witness for himself. After-all he had been in the celestial room a long time pondering too. I hope I was able to pass along some strength that saw him through the week. I may go to the temple alone, but I'm never alone when I'm there.



Day 1175

No comments:

Post a Comment