Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 119:2, 10, 24, 130

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 119:2, 10, 24, 130
"Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.
The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple."

With all my heart I do not want to be lead astray. I cherish my testimony of the gospel. I will not let anything that wants to destroy it in. I know how powerful the adversary is and I am only strong with I don't entertain him. I treasure the blessing of having the spirit to always be with me. I will not read or listen to anything that will make the spirit flee. The moment I feel it leave I know it, and make whatever change needed to bring it back. I'm living in the last days I cannot risk being without the Holy Spirit as my guide.

It was only today that I was sadden by the turn of events in a Facebook group I belong to. It was a small collection of fellow LDS members sharing uplifting thoughts on the gospel. I knew it would be a matter of time before those that want to destroy such things would come in. And, tonight I see they invited it in. So I'm gone and having to leave makes me sad. There was much good there, but I know how the adversary works on testimonies and twists the scriptures. I will have no part of it. I know where the source of knowledge comes from for me and I will gain nothing dwelling on the wrong sides point of view. I will not content with them because the spirit will flee then to. I will simply walk away and hold dear to me the testimony that I have. The gospel is simple and pure. With the spirit as my guide I can read the scriptures and words of the prophets myself and be taught amazing things.

Am I isolating myself and not broad minded, probably so. But when this life is over I want to say to the Lord "With my whole heart I sought thee."



Day 1172

No comments:

Post a Comment