Sunday, June 24, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 131:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 131:2
"Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child."

This made me think of these scriptures.

"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me."
(Matthew 18:2-5)


"But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein."
(Luke 18:16-17)

"Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved."
(3 Nephi 9:22)

"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."
(Mosiah 3:19)

I went back and listened to Jean A. Stevens, April 2011 LDS General Conference talk "Become as a little Child". Loved this quote.

"If we have a heart to learn and a willingness to follow the example of children, their divine attributes can hold a key to unlocking our own spiritual growth.
Jesus is the Christ. He is the one perfect Son - submissive, meek, humble, patient, and so full of love."

I want to be like Him. I want to be like a little child.


Day 1184


No comments:

Post a Comment