Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 113:7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 113:7-8
"He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifeth the needy out of the dunghill;
That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people."

This reminds me of something I was pondering on last week. It started with reading the June Ensign and all the stories commemorating the 1978 revelation on the priesthood. I looked at all the sacrifices my black brothers and sisters endured until the priesthood was available to them. I had also been reading stories of the early saints and the sacrifices of the pioneers. I knew I was not worthy to wipe the dust from their feet.

I wondered how could I ever be with them in the celestial kingdom. What they had been asked to do I had never been through. I sat dwelling on this for a while. Then I realized the celestial kingdom would not be a place of who had the worse trial on earth. It would not be telling of the battle stories and who was the strongest. What was the element that made them all equal?  It was faith in Christ. The test may be different for people depending on what is needful for their faith. Faith is the element you cannot see. Faith such a primary answer is actually the answer. It is the greatest thing to obtain in this life. Faith opens the door to eternal life. Faith is how I come to know the Lord. It is how I will be with Him.

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest."
(Hebrews 8:10-11)



Day 1166

No comments:

Post a Comment