Saturday, June 2, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 109:8-9, 13

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 109:8-9, 13
"Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their names be blotted out.

The header to this chapter says David "prays that his enemies will be confounded." No, I think he wishes him dead and his posterity too. It was painful to read. All I could think of were Jesus' words on the Sermon on the Mount.

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"
(Matthew 5:44)

Jesus came to give a high law, a better way. What a contrast to the way they were living. As I pondered on David's words I could see the parallel to my day. There are still people not living the higher law.



Day 1162

No comments:

Post a Comment