Monday, June 4, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 111:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 111:10
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever."

The beginning of wisdom for me is knowing its the spirit that is teaching me. Of myself I am a fool. Wisdom is knowing to listen to the impressions that come, no matter the situation. 

As I sat reflecting I thought of what is happening to me right now. It's so simple, yet the solution to my problem came by the spirit. My little bent pinky finger was so painful, it felt broken. I didn't have insurance so I had to fix it myself. I knew I needed some type of brace or splint. While looking on Amazon for a finger splint I discovered that I had a mallet finger. It told me how long to wear the brace. I did and it was painful and cut into my skin, but I wore it 8 weeks straight. Then I took it off and my finger was still somewhat bent. It became sore really easy and was swollen. I knew I needed a different splint one that was not bulky and would keep it straight. But, I couldn't figure out what type. So I prayed about it.

I felt impressed to go look in my house for a brace. I was picturing some type of metal that was strong to hold it straight but very tiny. It was rather an interesting hunt looking for something but not exactly sure what. I looked inside every drawer and cabinet. I felt like I was on a treasure hunt, and even giggled to myself about it. All I knew was that it was simple and when I found it the spirit would tell me what to do with it..

Suddenly I pulled out a small safety pin and realized that was it. Once I looked at that pin I pictured wrapping it with some self adherent elastic wrap. It would cushion the pin against my skin. Then placing my finger on it I could then hold it in place with more of the wrap. The self adhering wrap was perfect because the other type of tape irritated my skin. It also molded well to the shape of my finger. I sat down and made my mallet finger wrap. Immediate relief, soft and light weight and no irritation while wearing it. As I change the bandage I can see my finger is healing straight and no longer swollen. The bandage has been so comfortable and easy to wear.

With all the crazy mallet finger braces I have seen this has been perfect. I wish I was able to market it somehow. Not sure how many people would buy a simple safety pin and wrap though. At least I know if anyone in my family needs to treat a mallet finger I have a solution for them. I know of myself I would have never thought of this. It is only when I prayed to know what to do and then moved by faith that the solution came. Wisdom is knowing who to turn to for the answer, even in the simplest of things. Then doing it.



Day 1164

No comments:

Post a Comment