Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 120:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 120:2
"Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips and from a deceitful tongue."

I sat and pondered on if this means me having lying lips or someone else lying to me? I decided its both, because either way a person needs to be delivered from it. If it is myself then I need to be delivered from sinning and repent. The Lord would deliver my soul in that case.

If it was being delivered from someone lying or being deceitful to me it would mean I was without sin in this matter. So how would I be delivered?  I believe it is by the spirit that I would identify those that lay in wait, lying and deceiving. By the spirit I am beginning to be able to tell something doesn't add up and I need to walk away. Sometimes its an out and out warning to get away quickly. Sometimes I am warned to not even go near something before I even hear their lies. I am so very grateful when it is the later. I will not let a liar disturb my peace.

I have no problem with letting them think I believe them. I no longer have the need to correct their lies. I just agree and go on my way. It always makes me think of Matthew 5:25

"Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison."

I just want to leave and not get caught up in their mess.



Day 1173

No comments:

Post a Comment