Thursday, June 7, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 114:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 114:3
"The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back."

This chapter speaks of wondrous miracles performed in Old Testament times. The children of Israel saw in their day the parting of the Red Sea and the Jordan River driven back.  It only made me think of my day and what lies ahead. This quote from President Russell M. Nelson's talk "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for Our Lives" was the most powerful statement in all of April 2018 General Conference for me.

"Our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, will perform some of His mightiest works between now and when He comes again. We will see miraculous indications that God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, preside over this Church in majesty and glory. But in coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost."

During general conference I could feel a door has been opened. President Nelson also said in his "Let Us All Press On" talk, "This general conference marks the beginning of a new era of ministering." Door or era, either way there has been a change.

I am called to minister to my brothers and sister. I cannot help but think how such acts will allow the ministering of angels in my behalf. Deeper spiritual roots need to planted. There is much coming and much to be worthy of. I cannot help but wonder what I will be worthy to see? What I must be spiritually prepared to stand against? One thing is I do not feel fear about the days ahead. I feel an excited anticipation. I do not look to what evil has planned. All I can think of is how Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, because they were spiritually prepared, had a fourth man, like the Son of God, walk with them in the fiery furnace. With God you are never left alone. Through the power of the Holy Ghost I will be guided, directed, and comforted if I remain worthy. That is an amazing promise. Just stay the course and eternal life is ahead. 



Day 1167

No comments:

Post a Comment