Sunday, June 3, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 110:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 110:3
"Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth."

I listened tonight to the Worldwide Youth Devotional with President Russell M. Nelson and Sister Wendy W. Nelson. It was amazing. This is a chosen generation and they are being prepared for the second coming of the Lord. Priesthood power is upon the earth and we must be clean and holy. This verse just seems to speak of our day. President Nelson asked the following of the youth.

To Enlist in the Lord's Youth Battalion to Gather Israel
1. Seven day social media fast
2. Weekly sacrifice of time to the Lord - 3 weeks in a row give up something you like to do, to help gather Israel
3. Keep on the covenant path
4. Pray daily for all to receive blessings of the gospel
5. Stand out. Be different. Be a light
Prayerfully read the book "For the Strength of Youth"

The hardest one for me on the list is to disengage with social media for a week.

This is what President Nelson asked.

"Disengage in a constant reliance on social media by holding a seven day fast from social media. If you are paying more attention to feeds from social media then you are to the whispering of the spirit then you are putting yourself at spiritual risk, as well as the risk of intense loneliness and depression... Give yourself a seven day break from fake... This social media fast can just be between you and the Lord. It will be your sign to him that you are willing to step away from the world in order to enlist in his youth battalion."

At first I thought of reasons why I can't do it. Part of my work involves monitoring social media. I also feel I am taking part in sharing the gospel by posting my favorite verse.

I want to be obedient but I also need to work and serve. I have sat here since the broadcast wondering what I should do. Quietly I knew what was needful for me. For my personal life I need to disengage and put social media away. I am starting my social media fast today. I will post my favorite verse but I won't be checking any of my feeds, comments or friends posts. I know where my issues lie. I waste to much time checking the latest news stories. Google News on my phone is the worst for me. I have been trying to break this habit and now is my chance. Instead of looking for an excuse I now am excited for the opportunity for change.

I may not be a youth, but in the scheme of the eternities I'm just a babe. I want to be part of the youth battalion of the Lord to help gather Israel. The greatest challenge, the greatest cause, and the greatest work on the earth today. Senior missionaries are needed too! I can do it!



Day 1163

No comments:

Post a Comment