Saturday, June 16, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 123:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 123:2
"Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until that he have mercy upon us."

I love this imagery of watching. Observation has been really stressed to me recently. Watch, look, observe and then I will know what is right. The spirit will teach me. Having the gift of the Holy Ghost is mercy from the Lord.

This made me think of some scriptures that emphases the importance of watching.

"Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come,"
(Matthew 24:42)

"But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."
(Matthew 25:12-13)

"Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee."
(Revelations 3:3)

"And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through."
(Luke 12:39)

"Even so it shall be in that day when they shall see all these things, then shall they know that the hour is nigh."
(Doctrine and Covenants 45:38)

"Watch, therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour."
(Doctrine and Covenants 133:11)

"So likewise, mine elect, when they shall see all these things, they shall know that he is near, even at the doors;
But of that day, and hour, no one knoweth; no, not the angels of God in heaven, but my Father only.
And what I say unto one, I say unto all men; watch, therefore, for you know not at what hour your Lord doth come."
(Joseph Smith - Matthew 1:39-40, 46)

"Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love;and for a helmet, the hope of salvation."
(1 Thessalonians 5:6, 8)

My impressions have not been that the Lord is right at the door. My impressions have been to learn to watch, even when I don't know what for. I have no impression to obsessively read the signs of the last days. Faithful scripture study is all that is needful. Watching and observing and pondering these things in my heart, will eventually help me know when he is at the door. When I see it, I will know it, and what I should do. Now is the time to learn to watch. Now is the time to learn to listen to the spirit, remain faithful, and trust the Lord. No man will be my instructor but the messengers of my Father. How grateful I am for prophets on the earth, and the holy scriptures as my guide.



Day 1176

No comments:

Post a Comment