Monday, May 1, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 3:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 3:3
"And they commanded the people saying, When ye see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it."

I could visualize Israel following the ark as I read this. I knew it had meaning for me. Then I saw it. The ark of the covenant was the earthly dwelling place of Jehovah. Where His spirit would reside. It was treated with great reverence. The Lord would speak from the mercy seat to guide and direct the prophet of the church. We have that still today. I must follow the ark or the prophet. If the church moves forward, so must I. If I dig my heels in and don't move in the direction they are being lead, then I have moved away from the Lord, even though I didn't go anywhere. The council of the prophet is a living thing. It is moving forward to accomplish God's work upon the earth. I remove from my place to follow the will of the Lord. It doesn't stay put to suit me. "Go after it" means I must ever be striving to do the will of the Lord.


Day 765

No comments:

Post a Comment