Saturday, May 27, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 5:3

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 5:3
"Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the Lord; I will sing praise to the Lord God of Israel."

This verse made me think of Doctrine & Covenants 25:12

"For my soul deligheth in the song of the heart; ye, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads."

I love to sing the hymns at church. I am trying so hard to memorize them. I remember a story told me long ago of prisoners of war that  would sit for hours trying to recall scriptures or hymns from their memory. It would bring them comfort and peace. Just last Sunday as I was singing the hymns that story came to my mind, and once again tonight. I want to never be left without access to my scriptures or my hymns. No one could ever take them from me if I have treasured them up in my heart and mind. Even if I became blind and deaf I would find comfort in hearing them in my mind and recalling all these sweet words. I know the Lord loves the hymns, they are like prayers to him. That is the music I wish to sing.


Day 791

No comments:

Post a Comment