Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 2:12, 17, 19

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 2:12, 17, 19
"And they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the Lord to anger."
And yet they would not hearken unto their judges, but they went a whoring after other gods, and bowed themselves unto them: they turned quickly out of the way which their fathers walked in, obeying the commandments of the Lord, but they did not so.
And it came to pass, when the judge was dead, that they returned, and corrupted themselves more than their fathers, in following other gods to serve them, and to bow down unto them; they ceased not from their own doings, nor from their stubborn way."

I have seen all of this happening right now before my eyes. I see people wanting easy wealth and supposed happiness, all they have to do is think positive and by the "law of attraction" it will come to them. They have come to accept the "other gods" around them. The scriptures and prophets have never taught such things. In time they "cease not from their own doings, nor from their stubborn way", and forget the Lord.  Seeking their own will and not God's will in their life. These "other gods" teach to become full of pride, and for them to become a god unto themselves.

"And the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel; and he said, Because that this people hath transgressed my covenant which I commanded their fathers, and have not hearkened unto my voice;"  (Judges 2:20)

I would not want the Lord's anger hot against me, but I know if I begin to worship "other gods" this is exactly what will happen. It grieves my heart to see the elect being deceived. How careful I need to be to not follow. The bible contains the Lord's warnings and he continues to warn through living prophets today. If he has not taught a doctrine or law through his prophets then it is not of him. It is very simple, the Lord does not twist his scriptures and reveal truths through those that do not worship him. The gospel is pure and there is harmony and consistency in all the Lord teaches. The Lord is very clear about what his laws are, and that knowledge brings peace to my heart. How grateful I am for the scriptures and living prophets to help guide my way.


Day 788

No comments:

Post a Comment