Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 1:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 1:1-2
"Now after the death of Joshua it came to pass, that the children of Israel asked the Lord, saying, Who shall go up for us against the Canaanites first, to fight against them?
And the Lord said, Judah shall go up: behold, I have delivered the land into his hand."

In the chapter not all the cities are taken, The Canaanites remain in parts of the land. I wondered why?  What I think I am seeing is that when Judah went with a tribe to fight those in the land, they were successful. When the tribe went on their own they were not. What I pondered on is that even if I am told of the Lord to do something, if I don't do it in the manner he has said then it will come to naught. I must rely on the Lord for everything. Man's understanding is foolishness.


Day 787

No comments:

Post a Comment