Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 5:13-14

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 5:13-14
"And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: an Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?"

At first I misread this and thought Joshua worshiped the angel. But then when he said "What saith my lord unto his servant?" I saw that he wasn't. He knew the angel would speak the words of Christ. That is where his heart was. It made me sit and ponder on what I would do if I saw an angel. Would I worship the angel or the message I know he brought from the Lord's lips? An angel of God can only speak the words of Christ, so if an angel were to have me worship the angel then I know if wouldn't be of God.

I felt impressed to go back and look at a recorded event that happened 100 years ago this year in another faith, that actually didn't sit right with me, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong when I heard it. I read some quotes given from the apparition.

Now I understand what didn't sit right with me. The apparition was wanting people to worship them and not Christ. Anything that comes and does not testify of the divinity of Christ and worship only him, is not of him. Reading this event again and seeing it in these eyes just left me a little horrified. That was not a religious event, it had all the hallmarks of a satanic one. Satan absolutely can quote scriptures, he can tell of coming events, and he can show great signs and wonders, to make people worship him, and not Christ.

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." (Matthew 24:24)

"For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." (Revelations 16:14)

The only way back to the presence of the Father is through Jesus Christ. Anything that teaches a different path is not of the Father.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)


Day 767

No comments:

Post a Comment