Saturday, May 13, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 15:18-19

Today's Favorite Verse: Joshua 15:18-19
"And it came to pass, as she came unto him, that she moved him to ask of her father a field: and she lighted off her ass; and Caleb said unto her, What wouldest thou?
Who answered, Give me a blessing; for thou hast given me a south land; give me also springs of water. And he gave her the upper springs, and the nether springs."

The scripture of giving good gifts came to my mind while reading this. I ended up looking up several verses on "good gifts".

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" (Matthew 7:11)

"And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that every good gift cometh of Christ." (Moroni 10:18)

"Wherefore, beware lest ye are deceived; and that ye may not be deceived seek ye earnestly the best gifts, always remembering for what they are given;" (Doctrine & Covenants 46:8)

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." (James 1:17)

Just like a parent knows how to give good gifts to his children, the gifts my Heavenly Father gives are even greater. He does want to bless me. It is for me to remember why they were given.

I pondered on how I have all that is needful in my life. I wondered if I was afraid of having more than is needful? The greatest challenge is to not loose sight of why the blessings would come.


Day 777

No comments:

Post a Comment