Sunday, May 28, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 6:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Judges 6:10
"And I said unto you, I am the Lord your God; fear not the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but ye have not obeyed my voice."

I pondered on the connection between not obeying the Lord and  fear. I would not fear other people's gods or them if I only feared the Lord. Which means to reverence the Lord and serve only him. Having fear is my first sign I am straying from what I need to do. Obeying the Lord has only brought peace. I have found over time that when I start to have fear or panic, that something is amiss in my life. Once I draw back to the Lord the fear leaves me and peace fills my heart. I can be in the middle of sore trials or during times when I should be happy, and found it matters not the circumstance. The root of fear is always the same.


Day 792

No comments:

Post a Comment