Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 10:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 10:1-2
"And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he command them not.
And there went out fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord."

To offer a strange fire before the Lord, would mean somehow they perverted the ways of the Lord. They changed the ordinance. They must have been in a state of apostasy. Yet it doesn't seem that anyone around them knew that was happening. What happened to Aaron's sons was a pretty rare event but it clearly had a message. Right now I am not seeing apostates die by fire. I do believe it is entirely possible at some point God will. 

"For the time speedily cometh that the Lord God shall cause a great division among the people, and the wicked will he destroy; and he will spare his people, yea, even if it so be that he must destroy the wicked by fire." (2 Nephi 30:10)

Devouring Nadab and Abihu by fire essentially removed them from Israel. It was done so they would not have a chance to pervert the ways of the Lord, and take others with them. I pondered on how this all fit with what I saw just today.

I have been quietly unfollowing people on Facebook that are bringing no light into my life. I don't even like the idea of getting upset by posts I find offensive. It's simply better not to look. I had one such person I unfollowed today. She had served a mission, and we have known each other for over 10 years. We had not only our faith in common but our love for genealogy. I noticed in the past year or so things she posted got darker and darker. Today I took especial note of it and went to her Facebook page to change my setting to unfollow.

But I lingered, which I usually don't. I scrolled through some posts and yes my feeling that she had grown darker was still there. Then I had the odd impression to go look at the groups she belonged to. To my grief I found she was now participating in the occult - one group proclaimed " it was not just for witches but all were welcome". How does one turn from the light into absolute darkness? You just don't touch that. I grieved for her.

Maybe being involved in strange ways is not devouring you by fire right now. But, it is most certainly causing the elect to die before the Lord. The light that was once there is devoured by the darkness. Now more than ever do I need to check myself and make sure I don't ever, ever follow strange ways. No one is strong enough to get through this life without the Lord. I can lose the light I have if I'm not watchful about what I'm doing.


Day 675


No comments:

Post a Comment