Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 23:28-30

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 23:28-30
"And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.
I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.
By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land."

A simple hornet was a tool the Lord used to bring Israel into the land. It made me think of Alma 37:6 "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."

Faith and patience was what the Israel needed in order for a small thing to literally accomplish something great. The Lord really does have a better way, and a better plan. By the time the others left the land, Israel had increased enough to inherit it. So while I patiently wait on the Lord's timing, I have to prepare for the promised blessing, and do what he wants me to do.


Day 648


No comments:

Post a Comment