Friday, January 13, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 32:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 32:14
"And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people."

I don't know that verse didn't sit right with me. I wondered if there was something in the Joseph Smith Translation of the bible on it and there was.

"And the Lord said unto Moses, if they will repent of the evil which they have done, I will spare them, and turn away my fierce wrath; but, behold, thou shalt execute judgement upon all that will not repent of this evil this day. Therefore, see thou do this thing that I have commanded thee, or I will execute all that which I had thought to do unto my people."

This reminds me of the 8th Article of Faith.
"We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God."

I don't often feel the need to look at the Joseph Smith Translation of the bible. But, when I do, because something doesn't seem right, it amazes me to find there actually is a translation of that verse. That is a rather curious thing to me. The spirit will guide me when further light is needed.


Day 657

No comments:

Post a Comment