Thursday, January 19, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 38:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 38:16
"All the hangings of the court round about were of fine twined linen."

This chapter gives more descriptions on all the materials used to make up the tabernacle. It can be a little exhausting to be inspired by it. All I could tell was it was very big.

Then my eyes hit this verse and a memory came back to me. It was an experience I had in the Provo Temple while doing initiatories. Out of the several temples I have been to, the Provo Temple initiatory area is the plainest. It is simple, with only white curtains separating each initiatory room. There is no elaborate woodwork or design, it is stark and made to be functional. The beauty of the ordinance is all it offers.

While I was doing this work I could hear the others in the adjoining rooms. At first I tried to block the sound out and just focus on what I was doing. Curiously, I began to listen to it. The collective whispering made almost a humming sound, like they were singing. The curtained rooms so close together reminded me of the individual cells inside a beehive.

Even thought I was still doing my work, in my mind I began to see this activity on a massive scale. Doing these same ordinances for others during the millennium. There was a sea of untold numbers of these interconnected white curtained rooms and a collective humming coming from them. All these voices being raised up singing praises to our God. It was truly an amazing experience, one I have cherished. If I have a preference it is to do initiatories in the Provo Temple. 


Day 663


No comments:

Post a Comment