Friday, January 27, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 6:6-7. 16

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 6:6-7. 16
"And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the Lord, a ram without blemish out of the flock, with thy estimation, for a trespass offering, unto the priest:
And the priest shall make an atonement for him before the Lord: and it shall be forgiven him for any thing of all that he hath done in trespassing therein.
And the remainder thereof shall Aaron and his sons eat: with unleavened bread shall it be eaten in the holy place; in the court of the tabernacle of the congregation they shall eat it.

I feel like I've basically been reading the same thing for several days. Yet it amazes me that I see something different in the presentation each time. I was pondering on how empty I would feel to have sinned, give an offering and then have the priest make the atonement for me. Just because I made an offering would I all of a sudden feel forgiven? Nothing seem to be internal in this step of repentance.

Then when I read about the priest eating the remainder of the offering I could see where it becomes internal. It's all symbolic. They were living a dead law. It was a lesser law, and this is what they were prepared to receive. I pondered on how my understanding of things have changed over time. There was a time I had to go through the motions of being obedient even though I hadn't grasped what it meant. Every one of us has to go through stages of living dead laws, until we become alive in Christ. 


Day 671

No comments:

Post a Comment