Saturday, January 14, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 33:9-10

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 33:9-10
"And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses.
And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door."

This verse brought to mind the memory of the Washington D.C. Temple Dedication. It was dedicated November 19, 1974 and I was 13 years old at the time. My father Philip Harris was the bishop of our ward. Our family drove from New York to attend the dedication. I don't think we attended the first dedication session, but we were in the solemn assembly room where the actual dedication took place. I remember our family getting seated early and just waiting for the dedication to begin.

All of a sudden I just felt like I was lifted from my chair like a feather and stood upon my feet. I remember thinking it was like a wind just entered into the room. That was before I even knew there were scriptures and stories about even such a thing. I stood with everyone wondering why we were all standing? Then the doors opened and President Spencer W. Kimball entered the room. I felt the spirit as I had never felt it before. This was the Lord's house and before me stood a prophet of God. I think Israel must have experienced this same thing in these verses.


Day 658

No comments:

Post a Comment