Thursday, January 12, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 31:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 31:13
"Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you."

This made me think of President Russell M. Nelsons' April 2015 LDS General Conference talk "The Sabbath Is a Delight". 

"When I had to make a decision whether or not an activity was appropriate fro the Sabbath, I simply asked myself, "What sign do I want to give to to God?" That question made my choices about the Sabbath day crystal clear."

He then asked us "What sign will you give to the Lord to show your love from Him?"

I have to say the Sabbath is a delight to me. It is the best day of the week. I love taking the sacrament. I love sitting at the feet of wonderful teachers and learning all the day long. I love family scripture reading right after church. Then we get to discuss what others also learned at church that day. I hope heaven is just like this.


Day 656

No comments:

Post a Comment