Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 3:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Leviticus 3:2
"And he shall lay his hand upon the head of this offering, and kill it at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron's sons the priests shall sprinkle the blood upon the alter round about."

This chapter repeats basically the same verse three times. Each is a peace offering of a different animal. I was reading and pondering this while sitting in the temple. The words "at the door" really struck me. I had the impression to liken it to my day. I thought of what I needed to do before I could enter these doors, and sit where I was sitting.

I had to come clean, I had to take the sacrament. I thought of the priests that poured the water that represented Christ's blood into those little cups. How they took the bread and broke it in remembrance of the Christ's body. Were they not like the priests in this chapter as they sacrificed these animals? Then I reflected on the deacons bringing around the bread and water for the congregation to take. It was like the blood was sprinkled all around. 

During the sacrament I reflected on my Savior and if I had remembered him or not. I had to lay my sins upon the alter. I was just like the priest examining these animals and removing all the fat. This was a time to become clean. That is why this ordinance is needful before I enter the temple. That is why Aaron's sons killed the animal at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. The temple isn't a place to become clean. It's a place to help me grow stronger to remain clean. 


Day 668

No comments:

Post a Comment