Friday, January 20, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 39:29

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 39:29
"And a girdle of fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet, of needlework; as the Lord commanded Moses."

As I read of these colorful robes for the priest I wondered why we don't have them today in our temples? White, the absence of color is what I see. Then a thought came into my mind. "They have been washed white from the blood of the Lamb."  That just seemed right, but I have no other resource for that information. I would love to find it. Because I often find I have no original thoughts. What might seem new to me has been known by others for a very long time.

Theses verses would appear to confirm the impression that came to me.

"Therefore they were called after this holy order, and were sanctified, and their garments were washed white through the blood of the lamb." (Alma 13:11)

"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:14)


Day 664




No comments:

Post a Comment