Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 36:6-7

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 36:6-7
"And Moses gave commandment, and they caused it to be proclaimed throughout the camp, saying, Let neither man nor woman make any more work for the offering of the sanctuary. So the people were restrained from bringing.
For the stuff they had was sufficient for all the work to make it, and too much."

The men and women of Israel are busy gathering and preparing items for the tabernacle. They bring so much that it is more than is needed. To the point they are told to stop. I could just feel how brokenhearted they must have felt to be restrained from giving. What if you were making something and now it wasn't needed any more? I have leprosy bandages in my closet that I made for the Church's Humanitarian efforts when I was so sick. I made so many I don't even know how many. My husband dropped them off by the boxes. I was sick in bed and that was the only thing I could do for a long time. Then they no longer needed them so the last batch went undelivered. I was sad about it. But, by then my health had improved and I could work on other things. Every time I see those bandages I feel a little pain that they were not needed. I know the Lord knows my heart in the matter. He had to know Israel's heart too.


Day 661


No comments:

Post a Comment