Sunday, January 1, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 20:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 20:7
"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."

As I pondered on the ten commandments I could see how our darkening world is accepting a lot of these things as of no significance. What a different world I would live in if these commandments still mattered. 

I thought about how people can break some of the commandments and it only effects them. I'm not usually on the receiving end of what they have done. Nor, do I see what commandments they are even breaking. But, the most careless and offensive to me is the taking of the name of the Lord my God in vain within my presence. It's so common place now it's "normal" language for most. I can't seem to get away from seeing or hearing it used, especially in media today. 

To hear it burns a hole in my heart. It grieves me. Not only is it an offense against my God, but I have come to feel the person just cried out to Satan. When I turn to the Lord and cry out in his name for relief he will answer and bless me. But, when I mock His name and use it in vain, the only master that will answer such a cry, is the one that mocks Christ too. It just opened the windows to Satan and darkness enters. A cursing will be answered upon such a head. I do not even want to be around. This is something I pray I never "get over". 


Day 645

No comments:

Post a Comment