Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 29:4, 7, 10-11

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 29:4, 7, 10-11
"And Aaron and his sons thou shalt bring unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shalt wash them with water.
Then shalt thou take the anointing oil, and pour it upon his head, and anoint him.
And thou shalt cause a bullock to be brought before the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the bullock.
And thou shalt kill the bullock before the Lord, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation."

I could connect with some ordinances of the temple in my day, but I struggled to think of scenes in Moses day of witnessing an animal sacrifice. Then I pondered on how that was all a type and shadow of the sacrifice of the Savior. Then reading this became holy. I think I could have worshiped in such a manner, if I knew it represented the sacrifice of the Lord to atone for my sins. I wouldn't have been crying for an animal's death, it would have been for my Saviors.


Day 654

No comments:

Post a Comment