Friday, January 6, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 25:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 25:2
"Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering."

This chapter goes on to explain the gathering and preparing of items for the tabernacle that the Lord revealed to Moses. When it spoke of the ark of the testimony, or ark of the covenant, I sat and wondered where it was, and if it would ever be found? Then I had the strongest impression, it wasn't needed anymore, that is why it is hid. For man at the time needed an intercessory to give their offerings through. Now what is needed is a broken heart and contrite spirit. 

The ark of the covenant was a symbol of God's presence with His people. A physical reminder of their deliverance and blessings. All that attention now needs to be drawn directly to my Savior and his redeeming sacrifice for me. For the ark to come back it would do neither. It would be a cursing for those that looked upon it as anything else. I am now satisfied that man foolishly hunts for it. I have no desire now to watch shows on where people think it may be. I can move on and cross that mystery off my list.   

Day 650

No comments:

Post a Comment