Sunday, January 15, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 34:29, 34-35

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 34:29, 34-35
"And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
But when Moses went in before the Lord to speak with him, he took the veil off, until he came out. And he came out, and spake unto the children of Israel that which he was commanded.
And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the veil upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him." 

These verses made me think of a story related by a sister in my ward. Her daughter would read the scriptures before a date so she would radiate and have a glow about her. It was her beauty treatment. For some reason that story stayed with me. I had never heard of anyone doing that before. 

Then one day I was at the temple and had an amazing experience there. I sat in the celestial room for a while just thanking my Heavenly Father for opening the eyes of my understanding. I had this incredible burning throughout my body from it all. I came down to the dressing room and immediately saw another sister in my ward. She came up to me and placed both hands on my face and patted it and said "You just look so beautiful, there is just something about you." She remarked on it several times, each time touching my face. I knew she was seeing how I felt inside. She was seeing someone plain just have an amazing beauty treatment. I just thanked her for the compliment. I couldn't speak of my experience it was to dear.

I wanted so badly to look in the mirror and see what she saw. Though I felt it would be pretty vain to do that when this sister continued to speak to me. So, I didn't look. Instead we visited a while. By the time we parted the burning inside had worn off. I looked in the mirror and well I just saw plain ole me. I have no idea what the burning inside you looks like from the outside. I did think it rather sad the moment was so fleeting, and couldn't endure for any length of time.

It was nothing like Moses, for he had to wear a veil on his face after his experience on Mount Sinai. People could not even look upon his face. I wonder what he must have felt like inside?


Day 659


No comments:

Post a Comment