Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 37:29

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 37:29
"And he made the holy anointing oil, and the pure incense of sweet spices, according to the work of the apothecary."

One thing I do not see in the temple today is incense. I don't see it in my Sabbath day worship either. I do see it in other faiths. So I pondered on that and did some scripture chasing. 

"Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice." (Psalm 141:2)

When I read that verse I realized Israel needed a to hear, taste, and smell with their senses God, for they could not "see" him. With the Holy Ghost I have another witness. I realized that the incense is presented in another way in the temple today. 

"And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand."
(Revelation 8:4)

Just like a sacrificed animal is a type and shadow of Christ, incense are the prayers of the saints being lifted up to God.


Day 662

No comments:

Post a Comment