Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 22:28

Today's Favorite Verse: Exodus 22:28
"Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people."

The topical guide refers me to citizenship. I hear a lot of cursing regarding the coming "ruler of the people". I sat and pondered on if God has ever said it's ok to curse a ruler or king? I could not think of one. What has been the behavior of God's children when they are oppressed with a wicked ruler?  It has been to call on God for deliverance. They do not take such matters into their own hands, to delivered themselves from bondage. Even with Queen Esther, when the King's decree would have killed all the Jews, they fasted and prayed to God for deliverance. She plead their case, but the decision was up to the king. It was only by king Ahasuerus command that he granted the Jews the ability to gather themselves and preserve their lives. It would have been against the Mosaic law for the Jews to do anything else. Even Moses asked Pharaoh's permission for Israel to leave.

I think God is totally capable of removing an unrighteous leader that is oppressing his people. Sometimes its the oppression and bondage that is needed for their hearts to soften and turn back to Him. The twelfth article of faith makes so much sense "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law."  I am required to show honor and respect for the title or office. God will take care of the man.

I am rather shocked thinking how right now some misguided members of my faith are asking the leaders of the church to turn their back on the coming "ruler of the people". They do not understand what they are asking, and how offensive this behavior is to God. I would be shaking in my boots to take part in such a demand. It truly goes against everything God has ever said on the matter. 


Day 647

No comments:

Post a Comment